1. Carve a pumpkin – get creative, look on Pinterest and find cool designs! You can get pumpkin carving kits from most supermarkets and they’re much easier to use than a big ol’ knife!
2. Jump in a pile of leaves… Not forgetting to walk on the crunchy ones!! – this is a little bit of childhood right here. Put on your wellies and go have some fun. Your inner child will thank you!
3. Visit a pumpkin patch – if you’re lucky enough to have a pumpkin patch in your area then I’d say definitely go!
4. Make caramel apples – there’s lots of recipes on the Internet for this and it’s so simple to do. Slightly sticky though!
5. Watch some Halloweeny movies – my favourites are Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Casper, Halloween, Scream.. The list is endless.
6. Decorate your house for the trick or treaters – remember when you were little and you’d see a house covered in decorations and the lights would be on!! That excitement you’d feel is second to none (oh to be a child again). So decorate your house, dress up and hand out those sweets!
7. Bake some Halloween cupcakes – don’t be too sad the Great British Bake Off is over. Bake your own cakes and decorate them with cool designs. Even have your own mini bake off with friends!
8. Make a nice warm drink – whether it be hot chocolate, tea or a pumpkin spice latte (which admittedly I’ve NEVER tried!) they’ll be sure to warm you up and make you feel all cosy on All Hallows’Eve. Personally my favourite is a hazelnut hot chocolate. It tastes like actual Nutella!!
9. Light some delicious Autumn inspired smelling candles – the Yankee Candle in Fireside Treats smells like actual marshmallows 😍
10. Cosy up with some fluffy blankets – so after you’ve visited the pumpkin patch, jumped in the leaves, carved your pumpkin, decorated your house, baked your cupcakes, made your caramel apples, chosen your Halloween movie, lit your candles you can finally jump into bed or chill on your sofa with lots of fluffy blankets! Heaven.
Thanks so much for reading! Let me know if you do any of these things this Halloween or have already done them.
If you think of anything to add to this list then leave me a comment below and tell me! I’d love to read them.
Autumn, the years last lovliest smile